About Oak National Academy
Oak is an online classroom and resource hub created by teachers, for teachers in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. It is a free platform accessible from any device including mobiles, with no sign-ups or logins required.
Oak will provide lessons for the entire 2020/21 academic year, as a safety net for schools and pupils while in-person learning faces continued disruption and uncertainty. Lessons cover Reception to Year 11 across a range of subjects including a specialist curriculum, and have been designed both to be as adaptable as possible by schools and to cover a diversity of curriculum and thought. Lessons include quizzes, videos and activity worksheets for independent learning.
What we are looking for
The majority of lesson resources will be created over summer so lessons are ready for schools to use before September.
We are now recruiting for other core team roles from September, to help us see Oak through the next academic year. We need a team that can maintain and improve the platform, support the continuous improvement of lesson content on the site, support schools and parents to use the materials and help us to build and run a sustainable organisation.
We are a very new organisation, set up at speed in April 2020. Whilst we are new, our reach to date has been significant (19 million lessons in the first three months). That means we still feel like a start up and we’re looking for colleagues who can work with ambiguity, love a challenge and who roll their sleeves up. At Oak, everyone needs to pitch in.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates from historically under-represented and minority groups.
● Delivery of external and internal communications for Oak
● Lead on writing copy for marketing materials, website, emails and product comms for schools, users and parents
● Develop and manage the organisation’s CRM and e-comms systems
● Develop and deliver creative plans for engaging marketing and communications activity
● Plan and deliver proactive and reactive e-comms to current and new users plus stakeholders
● As a member of the Oak Team, contribute to the wider success and culture of the organisation
Starting date: As soon as possible
Download the Job Pack here.
Closing date: 7th August